Legal Question in Family Law in Italy

Hi, I live in Malta and I am 19. My girlfriend is 16 and she lives in Italy. We love each other so much and she even wants to live here but the thing is that she is under age (minor) so we can't do anything. Can we do something like signing some papers so she can come live here with me or at least be adopted by my parents ? thanks :)

Asked on 9/09/13, 3:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

riccardo ernesto di vizio studio legale di vizio & venezia

Your girl friend may be adopted only if she is orphan! If she absolutely wants to move, she may try to apply for "emancipatio": Ask to the Court where she lives to be allowed to operate on her behalf, ex art 394 C.C.

Kind regards

Avv. Riccardo E. Di Vizio

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Italy