Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hi there

can a person remarry if a case is made ex parte ( the defendent didn't attend any hearing after 3 yrs) ? Case filed under fraudulence thus making marriage null and void. Will remarrying deemed illegal until the final judgement? The defendent filed a false case against the complainant in revenge under crpc. Thus both cases ongoing thanks

Asked on 8/04/17, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

unless the court passess the decree in your case you cannot remarry. The marriage would be void marriage. Merely because the respondent has been proceeded exparte doesnt give u any right to remarry.

Read more
Answered on 8/05/17, 2:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India