Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

Is there anything that can be done form a block office or local police station to at least temporarily stop a construction being done on an disputed land before an injunction is obtained from a district court... Kindly also add if it's during this corona outbreak ...

Asked on 5/03/20, 12:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Vishwa Arya Arya & Co.

You should have mentioned the state/district in which the case is pending.

for every construction, permission of the local authority - the municipal corporation - is required. So the person doing construction certainly does not have the permission, so you may report both to the block office as well as the local police that it is pandemic period, and every construction activity is not permitted.. In any event, dispute relating land is pending in the court of.........There request the SDM of block office and/or the Station House Office to take an immediate action so as to enforce social distancing, and therefore stop construction until permission is obtained from the concerned authority.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/20, 12:26 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Construction activity is banned in the urban areas till the lock down is in force. Hence a call to Police may help you. However Courts are open in Covid Lockdown Period for hearing urgent matters either by WFH or VC and an Injunction would help you in your Civil case in the long Run. Police asisstance may help in todays situation. However any case made by police in lock down period against the Party constructing the disputed land or anyone else would affect your civil case if any you may choose to file or have filed one.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/20, 1:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India