Legal Question in Civil Litigation in India

Predeceased son's widow's without any issue,, her right in her mother in law's owned property in Delhi. Who died without any will. She had husband , one son whodied earlier then mother leaving behind his leagal wife without any issue One unmarried daughter. Only three person. Mother in-law bought this property by a will from landlord. Property was in dispute between other leagal heirs. So this was also not settled, mean time mother in-law died. Ultimately issue was settled in Delhi High court. Willed property was given to heirs of late mother. We believe that all three husband, daughter and widow of thier Pre deceased son get equal share in flate. Husband and daughter has not mentioned widow any where she was deprived of her right and not knowing anything about this property issue. Now flate is owned by unmarried daughter as her Father has surrendered his share in favour of daughter. We believe that at the time of settlement in court and thereafter procedure s they have shown thier son as predeceased , in married and issue less.widoe got her share in her mother in-law 's other leagal property an agriculture land out of Delhi. Now issue is that what are rights of widow in Delhi flate. Is legally entitled share, how much and how widow should take legal action and where. Kindly advise her right and further actin.

Asked on 1/17/21, 9:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

The widow has no share unless the settlement says so. She should take action in the court where the settlement has been presented. Her right and taking action depends upon the aforesaid settlement or else she has no right.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/21, 11:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in India