Legal Question in Health Care Law in India

Is it possible for a person with hospital history of psychiatrc treatment ( of two weeks for psychosis) to consult a different doctor by self for medical help? Is it necessary to have parents consent for this? Is there any law that says a person with hospital history of psychosis can't get check up from another psychiatrist by himself without guardians permission?

(The person does not really have psychosis. Its the abusive parents who influenced a bad psychiatrist to forcefully admit that person to hide domestic violence against that person)

Asked on 7/06/21, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

In case you want to be treated by some other psychiatrist and you are major, you may do the same but in case you are a minor, you may need your parents/guardian's support.

As you said that you do not have any issues, then you need not approach any psychiatrist. If you are being forced into it, the doors of court are open.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/21, 8:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in India