Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

My father is separated from his family and in separation he did not get any of his share in property from my grandfather, so i being the grandson of his eldest son ...can i claim my share in ancestral property? My father has 2 younger sisters both are married, on asking for share from my grandfather he declined to give any there any provision​ in law which can get us our Share in property?

Asked on 5/31/17, 8:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Vivek Mapara Vivek N. Mapara

If the property belongs to your grandfather, then it is separate and personal property and during his life time, no one can claim any kind of share in that property. Also, a grandson has no right to claim any share in ancestral property when his father is alive and do not seek to partition the property.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/17, 4:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India