Legal Question in Investment Law in India

Dear Sir,

I have registered my land in Haryana in West Bengal in the year 1996. This was done before Section 28 of Indian Registration Act, 1908 made it compulsory to register property in the office of the sub-registrar or district office of the place where property is situated.

Now when i am trying to sell the property, I have been asked to pay difference in Stamp Duty between Haryana and West Bengal. Is this legal?

Asked on 12/19/20, 7:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It is not legal for which you may challenge.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/20, 10:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in India