Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My father-in-law expired , and the property which was on his name should be transferred to his son's name ,bt he had three daughters , now what are the documents we require for registration and what was the process?

Asked on 10/22/13, 11:19 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Gupta +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions

Petition for succession needs to be filed.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 11:54 pm

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

You need the original will, NOC from his daughters in your favour for resolving it amicably or if there is a dispute the you should file a probate petition To know us better, please click on the links below:

You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 12:13 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP


Dear Sir / Madam,

If your deceased father-in-law has left behind his Will, then the beneficiary named in his Will is entitled to get the title of the property transferred in his / her name vide a Probate from the Court. If your father in law has passed away intestate (without making a Will), then the title of the property vests in the name of your mother-in-law and the transfer of the title has to be completed in her name.


Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 12:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India