Legal Question in Real Estate Law in

sir I have purchased a piece of land after following all legal proceedures such as title report ,notices in daily news papers ,nil encumbrence etcalso mutation has been done on my i have come to know that my previous owner is fighting a case with another person who is claiming to be a tenant in i have come to know that there is a case now i want to be a party to the case.Kindly quote me a case number decided in supreme court quoting which i can be included in court of mamlatdar who is to decide the issue of tenancy.Thanks and regards

Asked on 2/13/11, 8:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate

If your reference of tenancy is with regard to agricultral tenancy governed by BA&AL;, then you need to first know nature of dispute and then proceed further.

In most of the cases under BT&AL;before the Mamlatdar or Tehsildar, dispute or issue is with regard to right of tenant to purchase the land as deemed owner and in case of sale of land by owner during pendency of such issue, new purchaser is not allowed to participate.

Read more
Answered on 2/14/11, 1:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in