Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

There is a one property on my father and mother name jointly and my self son is nominee and nomination has done in society office at the time of purchase of property. Now, my father is died without any will. We are all 7 legal heirs 3 brothers and 4 sisters. So, I want know if I am nominee in property so my elder brother and sister can claim the property equally. My mother wants to sell the property and transfer the ownership on my name ( youngest son) by legally. Can my mother sell the property without any NOC of legal legal heirs. Please Advice How can my mother sell the property. Can my mother issue the will on these property for my self and what is the procedure for will.

Asked on 9/19/21, 11:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

It is your mother, sisters and brothers including you, who are entitled to equal share in the property and your mother does not have any right to sell or transfer flat in your name or in the name of any third person. Being nominee you can only receive the property but you are duty bound to distribute the share of each legal heir.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/21, 12:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India