Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Alabama

I filed bankruptcy in 2012 can I file on my bill now

Asked on 8/25/16, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

If you received a discharge in a chapter 7 case in 2012, you can not file again for 8 years. You can file for a chapter 13 debtor's court where you pay a portion of unsecured creditors along with your secured debts. It will be a payment plan over 3 or 5 years. You have to have a job to file.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/16, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Alabama