Legal Question in Consumer Law in Alabama

contaminated water

Our local water supply company has told us not to drink our water unless we boil it because they have found a white substance in it. In an article published in the local paper they stated that they knew that was something in the water since March 2003. In that time frame I had tow of my three kids go to the hospital for unknown bacterial infections which required hospitalization. And now one of children is still runnign fever day in and out and has swollen lymphnods in his neck and has ever since March. I know at least five people that live on my road got very sick and some required hospitalization also. Can I sue them for neglect from not telling us until July? My children have been very sick since then and I feel that it could be related because the doctors dont know what is causing the infections. I have spent hundreds if not a thousand dollars in medcial visits and antibiotics trying to figure out what is causing it. And know my son is bleeding internally and they have found no reason for it. My third child just recently had a bacterial infection which had no signs or symptoms before hand. Any comments or info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 7/06/03, 2:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Heidi Milam Heidi S. Milam, Attorney at Law

Re: contaminated water

Yes, it is quite possible that you have a cause of action against the water supply company. You need to contact an attorney as soon as possible so that your case can be completely investigated and any evidence preserved.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/03, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Alabama