Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

I Need Advice

I am 17 Years old, i will be 18 in 3 months. my dad kicked me out of my house(long story) so i moved in with my mom. i haven't talked to or seen my mom in 4 years or more and i was just wondering what are my rights... what is my dad able to do now that he kicked me out? what do i need to do. my mom and i don't get along and my boyfriends family want me to move in with them is that legal?? thanks for your time.

Asked on 12/13/06, 10:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison

Re: I Need Advice

Of course I need more information, such as, why your dad kicked you out. Were you bad, disobedient or any thing which you would admit to as the basis for him kicking you out? Now you are under age. If neither of your parents are willing to care for you, you can come under the custody of DHR and they can be required to pay child support. Or, you can be declared emancipated and be an adult. But as I said, there are unanswered questions that need to be resolved before any real answer can be given for your situation.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/06, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama