Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

Immigration Laws

I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. He is from Mexico and I am from U.S.. He has lived here in the states for about 9 years, he overstayed his visa. We want to get married next year. What is best to get married here in the states or go to Mexico? We want to live here in the States. Is it better to file the papers ourselves or get a lawyer too? Thank you for your time.

Asked on 12/17/08, 5:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

Re: Immigration Laws

You may file for your boyfriend's permanent residence after you are married to him.

My legal fee is $950 and you may find comprehensive information here:

Read more
Answered on 12/18/08, 1:49 pm
Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

Re: Immigration Laws

I would be happy to assist. You do not need to hire an attorney, but it often goes better if you do. If he is in the US now, and has overstayed his visa for the past 9 years, the best thing for him to do is to remain in the US until after all paperwork is completely. Please contact by email or phone if you would like to set a time to discuss this further.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/08, 5:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama