Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

permanent Resident

Gd morning

Hello,I came to here in the US a fiancee visa, we got married then now i got my 2 years permanent resident w/c is conditional only, we're fixing to get divorce this year ,If ever we get divorce april and my renewal of my residency for ten years nextyear 2010 of april,If my divorce papers is done before my renewal CAn i get my ten years? or Not..Can they send me back home to Phils?

Asked on 3/05/09, 5:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

Re: permanent Resident

You will need to be able to show your intent for the marriage to last at the time you entered it. Assuming you can show that the marriage was entered into in good faith, you can expect additional paperwork with immigration but that you will be able to remain in the US. If you have further questions please email my office directly.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/09, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama