Legal Question in Immigration Law in Alabama

my wife has expired green card issued in 1965 I want to renew it what do we do without it taking for ever? Weve been married aprrox 25 yrs. We married when I was in the army and her father was in the army, so she was a military dependeant twice.

Is the there a loop hole or grandfather clasue that may help?

Asked on 1/17/10, 7:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

She can either apply to renew her expired green card (form I-90) or apply for US citizenship through naturalization (N-400), if she is a lawful permanent resident and otherwise qualifies.

There is no any "grandfather clause" in her situation.

She should check if she is already a US citizen through her parents, for example.

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn�t create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to request a follow-up confidential advice on your specific situation and regarding U.S.A. immigration-related issues, we can offer a paid consultation by telephone or email to clients from all States and globally. Please visit our website for more details.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/10, 8:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Alabama