Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Alabama

I am one of a number of heirs to an estate being probated in St. Clair Co., Alabama. There is a Will and an uncle is the administrator and he has an attorney probating the estate. My great uncle passed away 3 yrs. ago and just now some of the real estate has been sold to another family member for $120,000. There are 1 or pieces of real estate left but the probate attorney is refusing to disburse any settlement proceeds because that is "too many checks to write & I'm not writing a check for every little thing that sells. One check at the end." Since it has been over 3 yrs., I wrote him back and asked him for a time frame because the other real estate may NEVER sell. Frankly, I could use the money. He has not emailed me back. Is there anything my sister & I can do?

Asked on 3/04/13, 8:05 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Butler Cynthia Vines Butler, LLC

The attorney for the estate does not necessarily represent the heirs. You have the option of hiring your own attorney and making a claim for what you are entitled to thus far. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 8:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Alabama