Legal Question in Traffic Law in Alaska

I was at fault in a motor vehicle accident. A municipal court judge in Anchorage Alaska ordered me to pay restitution. I never heard from the gentleman that I crashed into four months later he leaves a note on my door and wants to meet with me for a cash payment what should I do? I don't want to overpay.

Asked on 2/22/14, 5:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terrence Thorgaard Thorgaard Law Firm

I gather you were found guilty of a traffic infraction and ordered to pay the restitution.

How much did the court order you to pay? Were you ordered to pay him or his insurance company? If his insurance paid anything, the company is probably subrogated. This means that it has first claim on any restitution payment.

Pay by check; do not pay cash. That way you will have proof that you have paid.

Read more
Answered on 2/23/14, 4:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Alaska