Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I am in arizona, Maricopa county. I just filed a Petition to Modify Parenting Time on Friday 2/3/12. I have reconsidered and want to withdraw the petition. I was told that I could type a simple Request to Withdraw because an Order to Appear has not been issued and the other party has not been served. Want to take care of this on Monday 2/6. Can I type the request as a simple letter format or would it need to be a Motion format? I just want to know how to cancel/withdraw my petition. Thanks for the help!

Asked on 2/04/12, 9:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

It needs to be a "Notice of Dismissal", which is in the form of a pleading. We could draft such for you for a small fee.

Please contact me directly if you would like us to do that.

richpeters @

/s/ Rich J. Peters

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

1422 North 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


facsimile 602-254-1229

see our website at

Read more
Answered on 2/23/12, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona