Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

Iíve been taken care of my grandson for the past three months consistently, and prior to that he would stay with me on the weekends or 3-4 days out of the week since he was born. Bobby, Alana and I have watched him grow, we were the first ones to see him crawl, or watch him learned how to stand up on his own, we were there when his first tooth came out, Bobby taught him how to spit and I taught him to give kisses. Iíve taken him to doctorís appointments, bought him clothes, diapers, etc, etc. Iíve rearranged my house for him, my house looks like a nursery with his walker, baby bouncer high chair, playpen, bottle, my pantry has a shelf full of baby food, cereal, baby juice and his favorite snacks. My son canít seem to get his life together and will not grow out of the Peter Pan syndrome, sadly my son is too selfish, puts himself first over his own son; my grandsonís mother prefers different man over her own son, and she also has a three year old that has been staying with his other grandmother. Both of my grandsonís parents donít work or have a stable place to live. I believe Iíve given my grandson the best stability since the day he was born. Iíve seen and witnessed myself how baby Rickyís parents canít give him the best care like we have, I feel he gets neglected when he is with his mother, I have a witness mentioned to me how the baby went one entire week without a bath and had a severe rash, this was under the care of his mother. Iíve been also told she does drugs. Iíve mentioned all of this to CPS and their replied was, they canít do anything about it, the baby is not hurt, or they will ignore all of my calls. Today was a horrible day for me, my heart was broken into tiny pieces; after so many sleepless nights taking care of my grandson; his mother decides to show up and take him away from us, CPS or authorities state they canít do anything about it because I have no rights over him. My poor baby is almost eight months old and he does not have a voice, I thought as the paternal grandmother I could take care of him, but obviously I failed. They took him away without his formula, bottles, clothes, diapers, his favorite snacks and most of all the huge love and stability he had here at our house. My question is where are the childís rights? Where is our system when we need them to do right? If anyone has any experience with custody case or guidance on how I can proceed please advice.



Asked on 7/20/12, 11:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

There are options for a grandparent to intervene when the parents are irresponsible. If you would like assistance, give us a call and we will discuss how we can help. Call 602 462 1004 and ask for Joyce.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/12, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona