Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

If my daughters father has never been present in her life, she is now 10, what type of legal action do I need to take to ensure he doesnt try anything later on in life.

Asked on 4/25/12, 7:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Stephanie Ehrbright Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.

You should file a petition to have his Parental Rights Terminated. He has been absent in her life long enough to do that and that would keep him from trying anything later in life. That will also make it so he does not have to pay child support in anyway though, as a warning.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 7:27 pm
Rich Peters R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

You should consider a Termination of Parental Rights. Such would prevent him from ever been able to pop up and demand access. AND A TERMINATION, by itself, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY AFFECT HIS REQUIREMENT TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT. Only a full adoption stops his obligation.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your options. This is obviously a very important matter, and you should not go in alone.

One of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


Fax (602)254-1229

Read more
Answered on 4/26/12, 8:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona