Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

divorce settlement what route should i take?

Hi I'm going thru a divorce and need some advise. My wife is a pharmacist and earn 6 figures. Me a blue collar worker. She bought a house prior to the mariage. I move in her house on Dec of 2004. Got married on April 2005.. and now going thru divorce. Since we live in Arizona would this property be consider part of community property alltough the deed is on her name?.besides i inveested in the property by giving her a monthly check,and buying repair item for the property.I put my handiman skills to help restore the property and upgrade the property. As of Dec of 2005 until Sept 2006 she decided not to work and started to sell her personal asset like car, boat and money from her previous she wants to hold me liable for for those losses and her credit card debt.She is lying now saying that she owes her brother and friend a total of 5,000 which i was never aware of. I'm currently unemployed and during our marriage she show me a different lifestyle. like living on a 6 bedroom 5 bath home and spending money that i did not have to keep up to her demands. Again she is a pharmacist and make 6 figures. Am i entitle to alymony since now i cannot afford my own place and are unemploy?.

Asked on 1/04/07, 1:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rich Peters R. J. Peters & Assoc., P.C.

Re: divorce settlement what route should i take?

Those are so many questions!

1. You certainly should have an interest in the real property. I would need to know more in order to estimate what measure of interest.

2. Credit card debt usually is divided equally.

3. You can certainly question whether she truly incurred the debt you never knew about.

4. Your case certainly sounds like one where you can make a legitimate claim for spousal maintenance (alimony).

We can absolutely help.

I can explain the issues and procedures better by phone or in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via e'mail. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss the matter in more detail.

Please call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule a free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/ Rich J. Peters, Attorney



1422 N. 2nd Street, Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004


602.254.1229 (facsimile)

see our web page at

Read more
Answered on 1/04/07, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona