Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona


This is an Arizona Child custody question. We are moving to term parental rights of the Mother. The father and mother were never married; the child is legitimized and paternity established. Since paternity is established, does the father need the "Petition: Sole Legal Decision-Making" , The "Sensitive Item Sheet", the "Personal Information Sheet", "Motion to appoint a Guardian At Litem", and the "Petition to Terminate Parental Rights"?

OR... Does he only need the last 2 forms (GAL motion, and motion to terminate) since he has already been established as the father?

Asked on 2/23/18, 12:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

Without knowing what county your case is in and what court documents have been filed to date, it would be impossible for an attorney to tell you definitively what you must or should or mustn't or shouldn't file. I would be glad to advise you in an initial consultation. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 3/03/18, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona