Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

In our stipulated judgment it states "Ask the other parent if he/she wants to take care of children. Each parent agrees to consider the other parent as care-provider for the minor children before making other arrangements.

Is my son's mother required to ask me before she makes other arrangements?

Asked on 10/06/17, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

Yes.This is what in the trade is called a "right of first refusal." If a parent has assigned parenting time and for whatever reason they can't exercise all or some of it (have to work, medical emergency, etc.), then they have to let the other parent know of the situation before findings their own babysitter. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/06/17, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona