Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My husband is threatening to leave because my father in law is dependent on alcohol and I don't allow my kids to be alone with him, can the judge rule they do not go over there?

Asked on 2/17/17, 9:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chris Hildebrand Hildebrand Law, PC

A judge in Arizona is required by statute to consider the interactions your children will have with both parents and any other person who may have access to the children. The court does have the authority to order your spouse to either not allow the children to be around your father in law or to not allow him to have unsupervised access to your children. The judge would have to first find that allowing the children to be with your father in law is not in their best interests. You can find more information about child custody laws in Arizona on my website at I hope this information is helpful to you.

Chris Hildebrand

Hildebrand Law, PC

4900 North Scottsdale Road

Suite 1500

Scottsdale, Arizona 85251


Read more
Answered on 2/18/17, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona