Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My husband and I were married in the UK and are both British citizens. He now spends all his time in Arizona, but not with a work or investors visa. I am in the UK and he wants to divorce me in AZ. Can he do this? He wants to re marry someone he has just met there!

Asked on 11/18/13, 8:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carlie Owsley Walker The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC

He is able to, but there may be an issue of personal jurisdiction. Arizona will have proper jurisdiction over parts of the case but not over all of the case. We do offer free 30 minute telephonic consultation with a client where we may evaluate the facts of the your case before I can provide specific advice regarding jurisdictional issues. Arizona has jurisdiction to dissolve a person�s marriage if one of the spouses, at the time the case is filed, is domiciled in Arizona and has maintained the Arizona domicile for ninety days prior to filing. Please call at 623-748-8973 if you have further questions.



Read more
Answered on 11/22/13, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona