Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

How do I make my ex take the kids on his given visition days?

We have a court ordered visitation set up. I have the children during the week, I pay for their child care and make sure they get back and forth to school. I work weekends, and it was agreed that my ex would take the children on the weekend, save on day care, and he would pay so much a month with him taking the children on the weekend. Now he doesn't want them on the weekend, he wants me to just keep them. But he doesn't want to pay the extra daycare, and he doesn't show up to pick them up when it's his scheduled time. He doesn't even call or anything. What can I do to get him to comply with the court order, pay more child support because of the extra day care fees, since he's not doing his part? I don't have much money, so I need all the help that I can get.

Asked on 8/15/03, 12:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronee Korbin Steiner Ronee Korbin Steiner, P.C.

Re: How do I make my ex take the kids on his given visition days?

This is simple, so to speak. Because of the change in circumstances, you must file for a modification of parenting time and support. You will apprise the court of his unwillingness to take the children and his statements that he does not want to get them. IN addition, the added child care costs are to be raises. As long as the total change is greater than 15% and it is of an ongoing basis, you can move to modify. You can download the forms if you cannot hire a lawyer, off the superior court web site.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/03, 9:23 am

Re: How do I make my ex take the kids on his given visition days?

Also, how long has the order been in place? If it is over 2 years the court will usually change it even if it is not a 15% change. Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 8/15/03, 11:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona