Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My mom (who has full custody of me) and my dad decided to send me to live with me aunt (who does not have any official legal guardianship over me). I am not getting along with my aunt and am very home sick. My mom wants me to come back with her and try some counseling to try to resolve our problems. But my dad and aunt want me to either stay with my aunt or go to military school. Can they legally do that without my moms permission?

Asked on 4/28/14, 2:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

If your mother has legal custody of you, then the decision is hers to make. If your father wants to change the court orders, he would have to file something.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/14, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona