Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

As primary residential parent with joint custody in the state of Arizona do I have the right to enroll my children in a public school without the other parents consent?

Asked on 4/29/14, 4:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monica Donaldson Stewart Donaldson Stewart, P.C.

If you have joint legal custody (now known as decision making authority), then you and the other parent must discuss and agree regarding education issues such as school enrollment. If you cannot reach an agreement, you have some options: you can ask the court to schedule mediation, you can ask the court to appoint a Parenting Coordinator to assist with making the decision, or you can ask the judge to decide where the children will be enrolled. You may want to consult with an attorney in your area to discuss these options in greater detail.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/14, 4:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona