Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

I just got remarried and my wife has two kids from a previous relationship boy 9 girl 6. 3 years ago he left the state he has only paid maybe 500 total towards child support thats 250 a month he is also a registered sex offender and has rarely held a job now he wants her to send both kids out of atate to see him for a month. They have never been to court never been married and have no legal custody agreement is this a safe move to send them?

Asked on 6/14/16, 11:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joy Elkins Elkins & Pones, PLLC

Absolutely NOT. There is no custody order that would ensure that you can get the children back from him, and getting an order from another state to return the children to you can be an expensive nightmare. As a sex offender it is unlikely that the court would give him any unsupervised parenting time. I strongly recommend you and your wife say no to this request. If he wants parental rights, he needs to take the steps he should have taken years ago to try to establish them.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/16, 3:23 pm
Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

I'm in complete agreement with my colleague.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/16, 1:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona