Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

What rights does my Son have when he has a Son out of wedlock and the mother of the child is insisting he have a relationship with him even though she is manipulative and controlling and demeaning him? He has reacted to her manner, which has got him into a slanging match. He desires to waive all rights as he cannot bare to be around the x girlfriend. What are his rights?

Asked on 9/06/18, 5:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joan Bundy Joan Bundy Law

While nobody can force someone to have a relationship with a child, I would certainly think they would want to regardless of the actions of the other parent. Regardless, no one is going to keep your son from waiving his parental rights (parenting time and legal decision-making) in juvenile dependency court, should mother bring an action for same. However, he needs to realize he still might be on the hook for child support if ordered. Best of luck!

Read more
Answered on 9/07/18, 6:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona