Legal Question in Family Law in Arizona

My wife and I are separating not legally just living apart I am keeping the house and kids. She is buying a house. She wants me to sign a paper saying I don't have any interest in being on the mortgage or financial obligation to her house if I don't sign I have to be a co owner. If I sign and we divorce can she come for half the equity of my house plus block me from any equity on her house? We live in arizon

Asked on 3/16/16, 11:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Debra Palomino PALOMINO LAW FIRM, P.C.

Any agreements should be in writing, therefore, if you both agree that you keep the marital home and that she keeps her new purchase, then the agreement should be put in writing. If you disclaim interest in her new home, then yes, she can argue the home is her sole and separate property.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/16, 1:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Arizona