Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arizona

Can a person sue me for items that were purchased by my mother for my home? My mother and my ex-boyfriends mom bought me a refrigerator. The boyfriend and I are no longer. His mother and my mother are making payments on the fridge. He is suing me for the fridge...can he do that? We live in Arizona.

Asked on 4/15/12, 9:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joyce Johnson-Stovall Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC

If you have been sued, it is necessary to review the lawsuit to determine the nature of the lawsuit to determine whether he has a viable case. People can sue for anything -- winning the lawsuit is another issue. If you would like us to review the lawsuit to determine whether a defense is necessary, please contact Stephanie Coulter of this office to make arrangements to review the Complaint and help you plan a strategy to defend your case. She can be reached at 602 462 1004.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/12, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arizona