Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas


I received a piece property in divorce that I sold. after selling this property I recieved a call from an individual who said that he had a contract to buy the property from my ex husband and that it had been paid off but deed was never transferred to him by my ex The contract was in 1996 and supposidely paid in full in1999 What do I do? Does the statute of limitation apply to this?

Asked on 11/30/06, 4:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harvey Harris Harris Law Firm

Re: contract

Was the piece of property that you got from the divorce ever deeded over to you? If so, and it was before 1996, you may be able to have this man go back against your ex-husband, rather than you. Otherwise, you may want to contact a lawyer to have him or her explain your options. You may be ok, but you may have to straighten this out with him. Either way, you need to consider talking to an attorney very soon.

Read more
Answered on 11/30/06, 6:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas