Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arkansas

Suing a county??

I was rear ended by a county vehicle, driven by a county employee. This happened 4 weeks ago, The county's insurance says they won't pay until they receive a report from the county. The county is basically ignoring this. A call to the county judge's office produced a reply of ''sue us''. All I'm asking for at this time is actual damages. The amount is less than the max for small claims, can I sue a county in small claims court? If so, who do I name as the defendant, the county judge?


Asked on 3/17/09, 7:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Suing a county??


Read more
Answered on 3/17/09, 7:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arkansas