Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arkansas

I have been living with my boyfriend now for 21 years. When we first started living together I asked him about getting married, his response was if we last for 2 years then we'll get married, well it rolled around and he backed out. I might add he is 28 years older than me. Well my question is here lately he has been forgetful on things he has said and done and blames me for an awful lot of things, tries to kick me out, called the police on me and was told since I have been here for over 30 days I have the right to be here, and that he would have to go down to the Sheriffs office to file an eviction notice. Well we have 1 house in both names but I did pay for it and it has been vacant for over 10 yrs. and is not livable. We also have 1 vehicle in both names but he won't let me have it and he has another car and truck in his name only. He also owns 3 pieces of property, (he had them before we got together). I have 1 son that is 33 and he lives in a different town, married with 7 kids, I have a girl that is married and her and her husband don't have a place at all. If I was to leave I have no place to go, is there a law that requires him to provide a place for me to live if he kicks me out? Or would I be able to get any money so I can get me a place? And if he passes while we are still together would I be able to get any inheritance?

Asked on 12/08/15, 8:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ric Orintas Real Estate Attorney Of Arkansas

Please contact me at 501-258-0107...

Read more
Answered on 2/13/16, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arkansas