Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arkansas

My father is terminally ill. He recently became incapacitated meaning he doesn't talk much, and can hardly wake and can't sign anything. He is on hospice care. He has no living will and no power of attorney. I am his only child. There is other family (his sister's) that seem to be looking at what they can gain financially. What rights do I have as his only child? Is there a way I can get power of attorney at this point? What type of attorney do I need?

Asked on 5/30/16, 7:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

If he is unmarried and you are his only child, then you inherit everything. You need a lawyer to get a guardianship and then probate his estate.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/16, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arkansas