Legal Question in Administrative Law in California

what is the legal procedure of quantineing a dog.? Do they have to serve you legal papers or certified mail?

Asked on 12/12/12, 6:05 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daphne Macklin Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin

You should contact the Animal Control agency in the community where you live. There should be a formal written procedure available for your review.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/12, 8:33 am
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

County Animal Control should be a good source of information....they may not make the rules and procedures, but they certainly have to know them. I would expect the rules to walk a fine line between pet owners' property rights and the difficulty, in some cases, of finding the owner (if any) of a stray or determining whether the dog has an owner in a timely fashion to protect public health and safety.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/12, 9:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in California