Legal Question in Banking Law in California

Can Rocket Lawyer help with an ACH fraud? A company misrepresented itself as a third party catering company and tricked me into signing up with their service to gain more customers. They took my information and had me sign a contract to charge me a monthly fee of $799.99. Turns out they are not a third party catering company has never given me any customers. They have taken 3 ACH withdrawals of $799.99, but reversed one after a dispute. They will not refund the other two withdrawals. How can I further my actions to get my money back?

Asked on 4/06/21, 4:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Law Offices of Timothy McCormick

If you have not already done so, make sure you bank blocks any further transactions with the company. Beyond that, for $1,600 your recourse is in Small Claims Court.

Read more
Answered on 4/06/21, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in California