Legal Question in Bankruptcy in California

I please need help regarding a LBR 7016-1 filing (in California) that was sent to family members but I never received my copy as they do not have my current address. It is from a trustee for the creditors of my ex-partner who filed bankruptcy. The trustee for the creditors is questioning my receipt of money I received from my ex when he sold our house in California and gave me part of the proceeds as per a settlement agreement we had prepared with an attorney some time before he filed bankruptcy. Can you possibly help me?

Asked on 2/20/20, 4:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

You can call me. My direct number is 925-913-0275.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/20, 4:19 pm
Dennis Winters Winters Law Firm

It's probably what is called a "Preference Action." There may be defenses. Are you in Southern California? You can call me at 714-836-1381.

Dennis Winters

Winters Law Firm

23046 Avenida de la Carlota

Suite #600

Laguna Hills, CA 92653


Read more
Answered on 2/20/20, 6:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in California