Legal Question in Business Law in California

I am buying a small energy bar company ( similar to cliff or power bar) . The owner is retiring he is selling his trademark on his products some $25,000 in assets, his amazon online account. For $10,000. What do I need from the seller that I am buying his assets and goodwill free and clear in order to protect myself from any liabilities of his current company

Asked on 10/24/18, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keith E. Cooper Keith E. Cooper, Esq.

The short answer is that you need to sit down with a lawyer who can draft an appropriate agreement, especially since you are concerned there might be hidden liabilities. The scope of what you're asking doesn't really fit into a public bulletin board. It's important that you get someone knowledgeable about this type of transaction in your industry. Whatever you spend in legal fees for a contract will be much, much less than you'll spend if a lawsuit comes up. (And you'll get a better deal.)

Read more
Answered on 10/25/18, 11:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California