Legal Question in Business Law in California

Hello, I’m looking to make an online selling business. I would for example like to put the LLC in Kentucky, but I live in California since it’s online does it matter and do I have to register in California? There would be no inventory or anything that would be done online.

In addition, would I need to form a foreign LLC, and what is that cost if I can tell via California?

Or could I make a LLC in Kentucky as a holding LLC, and place DBA's for my online merch shops under this LLC? Ideally I would like to not register in California again as a LLC.

Asked on 6/05/20, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.

Incorporating in Kentucky shouldn't be a problem, but a KY lawyer should be consulted. If you are physically in CA you will probably need to file as a foreign corporation. I am sorry, but without full knowledge of your operations no attorney can or will give you a concrete answer and risk malpractice or violating the rules of professional behavior. You need an attorney and probably a CPA.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/20, 8:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California