Legal Question in Business Law in California

a person was named as a defendant in a libel and slander case, who was not employed by the company at the time the suit was brought, but named as a person who received a copy of the letter )cc: how can she appeal the judgment

Asked on 9/02/18, 4:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

I'm afraid this is a too complicated to answer in this forum with limited information. One thing you might do is set up a meeting with your former employer and, if the defamation was something the company did but you were also held liable for some reason, perhaps the company should pay your portion of the judgment that they're trying to assess against you, and also pay for your appeal. Just a thought. Do contact a lawyer locally, especially if the judgment against you is substantial.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/18, 6:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California