Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

I lost a friend in a car accident. This happened on 12/22/18. On the 5 freeway it came out in the news and online. Multiple car accident and the only person that died was my friend, whom was hit first. Still no police report given to his family. And the person who caused the accident looks like he's only going to face probation even though he left the scene. I would just really like to bring justice to my friend.

Asked on 3/14/19, 3:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Other than recommending to hire an attorney to deal with the matter, at this stage it is hard to say what needs to be done. Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions. 888*9ENFORCER - 888*936*3672 or 323*782*0099

Read more
Answered on 3/14/19, 3:20 pm
Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

As a friend, you wouldn’t have standing to file suit. However, your friend’s family can file suit. It would have to be filed with two years of the accident and three years for damage to his vehicle. His relatives might file a claim with his auto insurance carrier, especially if the other driver had no insurance.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/19, 3:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California