Legal Question in Construction Law in California

I gave a $1200 check for work 5 years ago and now the person is wanting to cash it. What is my legal stand?

Asked on 8/22/19, 11:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

Legally you are beyond any statute of limitations I know of for them to force you to honor the check. Your moral and ethical obligations may differ.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/19, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in California