Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I took my car for repairs at a auto body shop suggested by my dealer. At completion and pick of my vehicle I noticed there was a 600+ millage difference from my drop of millage amount. I have time and date stamped photos of the drop off/pick up millage amounts that I personally took as well as receipts from the auto body shop with the drop off millage but of course no pick up millage date recorded. I contacted the shop via email and phone, they finally agreed to pay me for "what I think 600 miles is worth to me". There was also some interior damage to my vehicle that wasn't there before.

What should options do I have?

Asked on 3/07/16, 1:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Barnes Barnes Law Firm

You can sue them in small claims court for the value of the mileage and damage. If they make you a reasonable offer then you need to decide if it is worth pursuing, even in small claims court, since you have to take time out of your day to go to court etc.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/16, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California