Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

(California) After serving a plaintiff with a mailed response in relation to a request for admissions (from debt collectors) - is it required that I then file proof of service with the court? Cheers all!

Asked on 5/23/19, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

No. You only file the POS if you file the related document(s). For things served but not filed with the court you just retain the POS in case the other side disputes that it was served.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/19, 6:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California