Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

I have a collection acct that it was reported wrongfully to my credit report by Time Warner Cable. This collection belongs to my brother. Time Warner Cable stuck this collection just because I tried to get service with them about 3 years ago but they declined me because there was a balance owed by my brother. I already talked to them but they don't want to take this collection off my credit. What Can I do?

Asked on 3/17/16, 11:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II

Dispute is on your credit report and consider contacting a consumer attorney with experience filing claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/16, 6:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California