Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

Unfair collection practices

I requested that a CA send me a statement reflecting the charges for an acct they are collecting. they sent me a statment from the original creditor which the charges were added incorrectly leaving an incorrect balance, i notified the agency of this error and they refused to correct it, they are now attempting to change other figures on this statement saying that they were errors as well to make the balance higher. they are adding collection fees & interest on top of that the bal should be 101 they are reporting 201 and are trying to collect 296 ?i agreeded to pay the 101 & they refused to accept it, they have this listed on my credit report and refuse to flag it as disputed by consumer.

Is this legal ?

Asked on 2/10/04, 10:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Larry Rothman Larry Rothman & Associates

Re: Unfair collection practices

You may have a case, but it depends on your documentation. Please contact our office for consultation and review of your documnetation. 714 363 0220

Read more
Answered on 2/11/04, 9:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California