Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

California Penal Code 647.6

I have been accused for a violation

of this code with ''annoying'' any

child under 18. I want to know what

kind of probation would i receive if i

get convicted and what would the

other reprocussions of this

conviction involve?

Asked on 6/20/09, 11:29 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys


Re: California Penal Code 647.6

You would be labelled a sex offender and this is public information. Get represented. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 6/21/09, 1:39 pm
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane

Re: California Penal Code 647.6

You could be facing sex offender registration if convicted.

Definitely time to consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/09, 11:46 pm
Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: California Penal Code 647.6

Make sure you don't get convicted.

Don't assume you'll get probation; and even if you do get probation, you'll have a record that potential employers will see. Don't even assume that "annoying" is all you'll be charged with. Maybe by the time you get to court you'll discover they've tacked on more serious charges.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/09, 11:48 pm
Brian McGinity McGinity Law Office

Re: California Penal Code 647.6

Your question demonstrates you do not have an understanding of how serious the charges are against you. This means you need to immediately consult an attorney. Under CPC 647.6 you could be labeled a sex offender and be required to register for the rest of your life as a sex offender. This would change your life significantly. Depending on your employment status and your currently employer you could find yourself without a job. You could also find it impossible to get a job in your area.

I highly suggest you consult with an attorney immediately. What ever you are charged for a consultation will be inexpensive compared to your not having a complete grasp of your circumstances. Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/22/09, 10:50 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: California Penal Code 647.6

If convicted, you get jail and lifetime registration as a sex offender, not probation. Suggest you take this seriously and get yourself an attorney. Feel free to contact me if you do.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/09, 2:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California